Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great read!

I just finished the latest Krueger thriller and it was excellent!
I think it may have been one of his best and I plowed through it
in 2 days. If you haven't read him before, these are excellent
suspense novels set in Minnesota. I highly recommend them if
you want an easy but great read. He's actually coming
to the bookstore for a signing which is great because
he's a really well-known author.
I'm also trying to read The Shack which has really
been the big fiction hit of the summer but I'm having
a hard time staying with it...might have to start over or
try again later. Anyone else read this book?
I tend to read lots of fiction and not much for nonfiction which is
why Screamfree Parenting is still sitting on the nightstand
with a bookmark placed, oh maybe after the foreword? Oh well.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Very cool that William Kent Krueger is coming to the bookstore! He's always been a favorite of mine and I always got a kick out of the fact that he used to do much of his writing at the St. Clair Broiler in St. Paul right by Macalester (excellent chocolate malts!!). Molly

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I'm jealous, Meade.
I have read exactly ZERO books in the last six months. Ever since Anthony has entered our lives I haven't been able to find the time or energy to read. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to pick something up other than a picture book.