Monday, July 27, 2009

Parade

Coleraine celebrated its centennial this weekend and we enjoyed the many festivities! Julie and her kids, Peyton and Megan, came to watch the parade on Saturday. It was one of the best parades I've been to...we hardly had to walk over a block from our house and they handed out SO much candy (as you'll see in the pictures below)! Paul loved every minute of the parade because all the surrounding towns brought over their fire trucks/emergency vehicles. He was in heaven watching all the different trucks and hearing their sirens and horns. He didn't really care about getting out to collect candy and was content to stay in his stroller the whole time. Peyton and Megan did a great job collecting their candy and like I said, they took home a huge haul!
We also ate lunch in the park and watched the Irish step dancers. It was so fun to see Julie and her kids...I'm so glad they were able to join us for a very fun day!






















1 comment:

Julie said...

You beat me to a post Meade! I just love your pictures. What a fun day it was on Saturday! I can't believe how much candy we came home with. We still have a bunch left after splitting it up several times! Paul is just too cute...I'm so glad we were able to spend some time with the two of you. Thanks again for letting us hang out with you in Coleraine! Take care, and I hope to see you again soon!