Thursday, July 2, 2009

Whoops, I've been absent from the blog for awhile! As I've seen others refer to this as "neglect-o-blog"! I have a few good pictures to post of Paul and will do so soon.
We've had a fun and busy start to the summer. I'm about six weeks into my marathon training program and it's going well. I meet with two other women who are also running in October once a week for our "long" run. It's been fun to be a part of a small running group and it helps to pass the miles!
Ryan is busy with the clinic and gym and has been fishing a little bit as well. He heads to Chicago in a couple of weeks for a seminar and then it's off to Wisconsin Dells for our family trip!

Paul is at a really fun stage...we marvel at his sentences and story-telling as well as his pretend play. His latest thing is to play "Baby Sierra" (Laura's new baby) which is a riot. If we refer to him as Paul when he's playing this game, he'll say "No, I'm Baby Sierra". He also likes to carry around my purse/or gym bag and tell us, "I'm going to work or I'm going shopping". Too funny!
He's also beginning to understand how to be cunning or crafty which was on full display in our garage last week...we bought Grandpa Bob's riding lawnmower because he got a new one and Paul was thrilled to see the lawnmower in our garage. He likes to sit on it and play with the steering wheel and pretend he's driving. One night, I saw him eyeing up the key and I told him the key isn't to touch, etc. Well, I had to remind him a few times about the key but he did keep his hands away but I could see him looking at it (and me) out of the corner of his eye. I could see him thinking hard then he looked at me and said "Go away, Mommy" and "You go inside, Mommy"! He figured as long as I was removed from the situation, the key was all his! After I explained that it didn't matter if I was physically in the room or not, the key was still off-limits, he again said, "Bye Mommy". Ryan and I had a good laugh later about our little mastermind!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's a great story! I love picturing the wheels turning in his head : "Hmm. There seems to be an obstacle preventing me from having big fun. I know! I'll tell that obstacle to get the heck out of my sight. Yes--that'll do it..."