Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Marathon training

We are less than five weeks away until the big race! It's been a fun experience but I'll be glad when the race is completed. The training has been going pretty well but it is very time-consuming and it's taken some careful organizing and some VERY early mornings to stick to the training program. I've really enjoyed my new running friends and it's been really nice to have a "group" to do the long runs and boy, we've had some long ones!



That little speck running is really me...Rosie's husband (who checks up on us on many of our long runs) took this photo as we were doing on 19 miles . What a guy! He and Rosie's two children cheer us on and make sure we have enough water, etc. It's always fun to see them and it helps during the rough patches!


We made it! Smiling after our 19 miles! These are my running gals, Rosie and Heidi



A lovely side effect of so many miles...just fall off already, toenail!



A "refreshing" bath after a long run! I take an ice-bath after every long run and it's amazing how much better my legs feel. It's supposed to reduce inflammation and speed up recovery for your legs. The first couple of times were absolutely miserable but I've actually gotten used to them and I couldn't wait to plunge in after our run last Sunday!