Monday, October 26, 2009

Marathon...done!



The marathon training is over! The race went pretty well and I'm happy with my results. It was definitely tough from mile 20 to the end but it was a "good" challenge! My marathon "gals" did great and I will miss visiting with them during our long runs...our MANY long runs! It was awesome feeling to complete the marathon after 18 weeks of training. I think I would probably do another marathon in the future but I'm ready to "hang up" my shoes for awhile!


Marathon gals hanging out at the Metrodome before the race....Katie, myself, Rosie, and Heidi
These girls were a crucial part of my training! I don't think I could have done all that training by myself!


Rosie is getting pumped before the race!


Megan snapped this picture after the race...I look exhausted but really I was just freezing and my legs were VERY sore! They continued to be sore for several days!!


What a guy! A nice surprise from Ryan when I got home after the race!


One last long run together before the big race...this was before our 20 miler in White Bear Lake a few weeks before the marathon. It was brutally humid and I'm so glad the marathon was cool, brisk, and perfect running weather!

4 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

WAY TO GO, MEADE! That is an amazing accomplishment. Last night I ran at the gym for 15 minutes and felt like a rock star. (Note: I am a non-runner!) I wonder how you still must feel! :)

Unknown said...

Great job, Meade! You deserve this break to do other activities such as yoga, curling, and--oh, yeah--jacksh*t!

Maira said your time at the Harvest Run was fantastic. Those 3 miles must have barely registered in your mind when you crossed the finish line.

Sarah said...

Yea! Congrats!

Unknown said...

2015 Hot Jerseys,Christian Louboutin Shoes, Montreal Canadiens Jerseys, 2015 New Jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Chicago Bears Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, Tennessee Titans Jerseys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys, Anaheim Ducks Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, New York Jets Jerseys, Dallas Stars Jerseys, Washington Capitals Jerseys, White Sox Jerseys, Winnipeg Jets Jerseys, nike nfl jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, New Jersey Devils Jerseys, St Johns IceCaps Jerseys, Green Bay Packers Jerseys, nhl camo jerseys, Christian Louboutin Platforms , calgary flames Jerseys, Women High Heels Shoes, Colorado Avalanche Jerseys, Atlanta Thrashers Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Sandals , Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, Nashville Predators Jerseys