Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New year, new playlist

The tunes on my IPod were getting a little stale...I would find myself constantly flipping to the next song or just shutting it off. I was sick of my songs, my playlists, etc! I used some Christmas money from Bob and Diane to buy an ITunes card but now came the hard part of selecting just the right songs. I put alot of thought into what to purchase...is this the right version of the song, will I get tired of this one right away, what's the name of that song I really like, etc. I admit I'm probably overthinking this process but for as much as I have the IPod on during all my runs, I want to make good choices.
Here's my latest running playlist (it includes new purchases as well as existing songs). I love seeing what are on other people's playlists!

Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
Cover of the Rolling Stone - Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show
Feel Good, Inc - Gorillaz
The Heart of the Matter - India Arie
Dancing with Myself - Billy Idol
Radio Nowhere - Bruce Sringsteen
Peace Train - Cat Stevens
Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress - The Hollies
Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townshend
Pon De Replay - Rhianna
One - U2 feat Mary J. Blige
Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
Best of You - Foo Fighters
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

7 comments:

Maira said...

okay...so i contiplated just sending you my playlist via email...and then thought...no I've got nothing to be ashamed of...

List #1:
All These Things That I've Done (The Killers)
Hey Ya (OutKast)
Crazy in Love (Beyonce)
Pretty Vegas (INXS new not old)
Pon de Replay (Rihanna)
Wait a Minute (Pussycat Dolls)
I Write Sins Not Tradegies (Panic at the Disco)
Gold Digger (Kanye West f/ Jamie Foxx)
Jerk It Out (The Caesars)
Candyman (Christina Aguilera)
Get Up Offa That Thing (James Brown)
Hard to Handle (Black Crowes)
Tilt Ya Head Back (Nelly w/ Christina A)
Gin and Juice (The Gourds, not Snopp Dogg)
Video (India Ayre)

Maira said...

List #2
Tell Me Bout It (Joss Stone)
Here It Goes Again (OK Go)
Stonger (Kanye West)
Nothin' Better to Do (LeeAnn Rimes)
Beautiful Day (U2)
Summer of'69 (Bowling for Soup)
SexyBack (JT)
Things that Make You Go Hmm (C&C Music Factory)
If God is a DJ (Pink)
Everybody Got Their Something (Nikki Costa)
Hollaback Girl (Gwen Stefani)
Dirty (Christina A.)
Who Do You Love (Bo Diddly)
Single Ladies (Beyonce)
Streetcorner Symphony (Rob Thomas)

Maira said...

List #3 (and final)
I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)
When I Grow Up (Pussycat Dolls)
You May Be Right (Billy Joel)
Don't Stop Believing (Journey)
Mercy (Duffy)
Folsom Prison Blues (Brandi Carlile)
Keeps Gettin' Better (Christina A)
All I want to Do (Sugarland)
So What (Pink)
Been Caught Stealin' (Jane's Addiction)
Pump It (Black Eyed Peas)
Sweet Escape (Gwen Stefani)
Hips Don't Lie (Shakira)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Cover of the Rolling Stones - GOOD CHOICE, Meade!
What about Billie Jean? You got to love Michael, right?

Sara said...

OOhhhh, what a great idea, it's time to update mine as well. I might steal some of your ideas. I know what you mean though about songs getting a bit stale.

Maira said...

okay so the ipod gods had me post for a reason. With the new Mac Computer, I lost my playlists (not the library thank god), but now I can use this to recreate...or use this as the perfect opportunity to change some stuff up!

Unknown said...

2015 Hot Jerseys,Christian Louboutin Shoes, Montreal Canadiens Jerseys, 2015 New Jerseys, NHL Hoodies Jerseys , Chicago Bears Jerseys, Winter Olympics Jerseys, San Francisco 49ers Jerseys, Tennessee Titans Jerseys, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys, Anaheim Ducks Jerseys, New York Giants Jerseys, Carolina Panthers Jerseys, New York Jets Jerseys, Dallas Stars Jerseys, Washington Capitals Jerseys, White Sox Jerseys, Winnipeg Jets Jerseys, nike nfl jerseys, Cleveland Browns Jerseys, Buffalo Bills Jerseys, New Jersey Devils Jerseys, St Johns IceCaps Jerseys, Green Bay Packers Jerseys, nhl camo jerseys, Christian Louboutin Platforms , calgary flames Jerseys, Women High Heels Shoes, Colorado Avalanche Jerseys, Atlanta Thrashers Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Sandals , Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys, Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys, Christian Louboutin Ankle Boots, Nashville Predators Jerseys